Sirius XM Radio, Inc. (SIRI) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Raises Outlook
- Nasdaq closes up on tech stocks strength, as hawkish Fed limits S&P
- Dollar surges to two-month high on Fed rate-hike projection
- BofA Fund Manager Survey: 72% Says Inflation 'Transitory', 63% Expect Fed to Signal Taper Aug/Sept, 'Long Commodities' Now the Most Crowded Trade
- Oil falls from multi-year highs on firmer dollar, hike in UK COVID cases
- People Are Spending More Time Outdoors, Which Will Hurt Netflix (NFLX) This Quarter - KeyBanc
Sirius XM Radio, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) reported Q2 EPS of $0.02, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.02. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.04 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.02 billion.
Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter of 2014 reached a record $370 million, up 31% from $283 million in the second quarter of 2013.
SiriusXM reaffirmed its previously issued 2014 guidance for net subscriber additions and increased its guidance for revenue, adjusted EBITDA, and free cash flow:
- Net subscriber additions of approximately 1.25 million,
- Revenue of approximately $4.1 billion (Wall Street consensus is $4.13 billion)
- Adjusted EBITDA of approximately $1.425 billion, and
- Free cash flow of approximately $1.1 billion.
"SiriusXM once again posted outstanding results in the second quarter by adding 475,000 total net new subscribers, including 380,000 net new self-pay subscribers. We set new records for trial conversions to self-pay, adjusted EBITDA and adjusted EBITDA margin in the quarter, and we are raising our 2014 guidance for revenue, adjusted EBITDA, and free cash flow," stated Jim Meyer, Chief Executive Officer, SiriusXM.
"Our extraordinary operating performance supported the buyback of over 350 million shares in the quarter, or approximately 6% of our outstanding stock. Perhaps more importantly, we improved our superior content by adding even more channels and shows created with major brands and personalities, such as Joel Osteen, NBC's TODAY Show, and YouTube, and we expanded the range and depth of our commercial-free music programming with the introduction of three new channels in the categories of country, women's pop, and dance," added Meyer. "As the leader in audio entertainment, we never rest in searching for new content that our subscribers will love."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sirius XM Radio, Inc. (SIRI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- Bruker (BRKR) Updates FY 2021 Guidance
- Ford (F) Gains as it Expects Adjusted Q2 Profit Ahead of Expectations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!