Sirius XM (SIRI) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Sirius XM (NASDAQ: SIRI) reported Q1 EPS of $0.02, $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.03. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.08 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.09 billion.
- Subscriber growth off to a strong start. SiriusXM added 431 thousand net new subscribers in the first quarter, a 61% increase from the 267 thousand net new subscribers added in the first quarter of 2014. Self-pay net subscriber additions were 394 thousand in the first quarter of 2015 compared to 173 thousand in the first quarter of 2014. Marking the strongest first quarter for self-pay subscriber growth since 2008.
- First quarter EBITDA climbs 19%. Adjusted EBITDA of $399 million in the first quarter of 2015 was the highest quarterly amount in the company's history, an increase of 19% over the $335 million reported in the first quarter of 2014. Adjusted EBITDA margin was 37%, also the highest in the company's history.
- Free cash flow per diluted share climbs strongly. Free cash flow of $276 million was up 24% from $223 million in the first quarter of 2014. Driven by higher cash flow and a lower share count from the share repurchase program, free cash flow per diluted share climbed an even stronger 36% to 4.9 cents in the first quarter of 2015, up from 3.6 cents in the first quarter of 2014.
Sirius XM sees FY2015 revenue of $4.47 billion, versus the consensus of $4.49 billion. Sees net subscriber additions of approximately 1.4 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sirius XM (SIRI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Kroger (KR) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c, FY EPS Guidance Beats
- U.S. Steel (X) Q2 EPS Guidance Tops Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!