Silicon Motion Tech (SIMO) Tops Q2 EPS by 9c, Offers Outlook
- Wall Street rallies as Fed minutes meet expectations
- NVIDIA Shares Drop 6% on Disappointing Guidance, While Q1 Earnings Beat
- Apple (AAPL) Reportedly Behind Schedule in Development of the New iPhone, Analyst Cuts Price Target on Risk to June Quarter iPhone Revenue
- Oil edges higher on tight supply, rising U.S. refining activity
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/25: NVIDIA, Snowflake Sink on Weaker Guidance; Williams-Sonoma Surges on Strong Numbers (more...)
Silicon Motion Tech (NASDAQ: SIMO) reported Q2 EPS of $0.41, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.32. Revenue for the quarter came in at $69.4 million versus the consensus estimate of $62.9 million.
Silicon Motion's President and CEO, Wallace Kou, added:
"While we are pleased with our robust 2014 year-to-date performance and our expectations for the balance of this year, we are also looking forward to 2015 and are excited by our growing pipeline of SATA 3 client SSD and eMMC design-wins at major OEMs. We believe that we will increase our eMMC controller market share to 25% this year and have secured new programs with our NAND flash partners to drive strong continued eMMC growth next year. We now have one SSD OEM and two NAND flash partners with multiple new SSD program-wins that we believe will all start ramping in 1H 2015."
For the third quarter of 2014, management expects:
Revenue to increase 15% to 20% sequentially
Gross margin (non-GAAP) to be in the 50% to 52% range
Operating expenses (non-GAAP) of approximately US$21 to US$23 million
For the full year 2014, management expects:
Revenue to increase 22% to 27% year-over-year
Gross margin (non-GAAP) to be in the 49.5% to 51.5% range
Operating expenses (non-GAAP) of approximately US$78 to US$80 million
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Silicon Motion Tech (SIMO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Splunk (SPLK) Tops Q1 EPS by 42c, Offers Guidance
- Nordstrom (JWN) Stock Surges 10% on Beat-and-raise, Analysts Remain Cautious and Warn Rally May Be Short-lived
- Guess? (GES) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c; Enters $175M Accelerated Buyback
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!