S&P Global (SPGI) Tops Q2 EPS by 73c
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, led by surging Dow
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
- Oil rallies on weaker dollar and Iran supply uncertainty
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI) reported Q2 EPS of $3.40, $0.73 better than the analyst estimate of $2.67. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.94 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.77 billion.
S&P Global sees FY2020 EPS of $10.75-$10.95, versus the consensus of $10.27.
- Due to the uncertainties associated with COVID-19, S&P Global has analyzed several scenarios that are contingent on the depth and duration of the COVID-19 pandemic and its resulting impact on economic and market-specific drivers that may impact the Company's businesses. This quarter, S&P Global has disclosed two specific scenarios as part of its second quarter 2020 earnings materials, with the "late 3Q recovery" being the baseline scenario at this point in time and the basis for the following revised guidance. GAAP diluted EPS guidance is increased from a range of $9.50 to $9.70 to a new range of $10.25 to $10.45. Adjusted diluted EPS guidance is increased from a range of $9.95 to $10.15 to a new range of $10.75 to $10.95. Additional details for these scenarios are presented on slides 43-47 of the second quarter 2020 earnings materials which are available at http://investor.spglobal.com/Quarterly-Earnings.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on S&P Global (SPGI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shoe Carnival (SCVL) Announces 2-for-1 Stock Split; Provides Guidance
- UPDATE: Stifel Resumes Knight Transportation (KNX) at Buy
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!