Roivant Sciences (ROIV) reports higher-than-expected FQ1 loss
- S&P 500, Nasdaq notch biggest weekly losses since March
- S&P 500 could end the year over 10% higher from here - Piper Sandler
- Citi says Meta shares to rally in near term on share gains, upcoming AI event
- Ads are coming to Amazon Prime Video next year; Stock pops
- 'Sell the last rate hike' strategy is in action, stocks could fall further - BofA's Hartnett
Roivant Sciences Ltd. (NASDAQ: ROIV) has released its financial results for the first quarter, falling short of analyst expectations.
The company reported an earnings per share (EPS) of ($0.38), which is $0.10 worse than what analysts had predicted at ($0.28). Revenue for the quarter reached $21.62 million, lower than the consensus estimate of $24.77M.
“This was an incredibly busy quarter with multiple clinical readouts and trial initiations. We reported positive data from the chronic period of the Phase 2b study of RVT-3101 in ulcerative colitis, in addition to positive data from the ADORING 1 trial evaluating VTAMA in patients as young as 2 years old with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis,” said Matt Gline, CEO.
“We also initiated two separate trials, the TAHOE Phase 2 study of RVT-3101 in Crohn’s disease and the Phase 1 study of IMVT-1402 in healthy volunteers. We’re incredibly excited about the progress we’ve made in this quarter alone and look forward to announcing additional clinical results in the upcoming months. On the commercial side, we saw another three months of continued product revenue growth for the company from VTAMA sales.”
Roivant also reported a decrease in cash, cash equivalents, and restricted cash holdings, which now stand at $1.45 billion. This represents a 26% decrease compared to the same period last year.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UAW union warns of extended strike against major U.S. automakers
- Ark Invest founder questions Nvidia and Arm Holdings valuations amid AI focus
- Natural Alternatives International (NAII) Reports Q4 EPS of $0.35
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot List
Related EntitiesEarnings, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!