Rimini Street, Inc. (RMNI) Reports Q3 Revenues Miss
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Rimini Street, Inc. (NASDAQ: RMNI) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.85), versus ($0.18) reported last year. Revenue for the quarter came in at $62.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $63 million.
“During the third quarter, we continued our stated plan to invest in global sales, marketing and service delivery capacity and capabilities in order to drive future revenue growth,” stated Seth A. Ravin, Rimini Street co-founder and CEO. “We also launched new marketing campaigns and our new ‘Business-Driven Roadmap’ sales strategy to address the large and growing market opportunity for enterprise software support. Additionally, we continued our global expansion and filled key leadership positions. Global demand for our services continued to be strong, with revenue outside the United States growing 32% year over year in the third quarter 2018 and representing 36% of total revenue in the quarter.”
“During the third quarter, we paid off and completed refinancing our former credit facility with a previously announced $140 million equity transaction, significantly reducing our total debt to approximately $3 million,” stated Tom Sabol, Rimini Street CFO. “The streamlined capital structure improves the balance sheet and lowers our cost of capital going forward.”
- Revenue was $62.6 million for the third quarter of 2018, an increase of 17% compared to $53.6 million for the third quarter of 2017.
- Annualized Subscription Revenue was approximately $250 million for the third quarter of 2018, an increase of 17% compared to $214 million for the third quarter of 2017.
- Active Clients totaled 1,732 as of September 30, 2018, an increase of 19% compared to 1,459 as of September 30, 2017.
- Revenue Retention Rate was 92.0% for the trailing 12 months ended September 30, 2018 compared to 94.5% for the comparable period ended September 30, 2017.
- Gross Margin improved to 64.5% for the third quarter of 2018 compared to 62.5% for the third quarter of 2017.
- Operating Income was $2.5 million for the third quarter of 2018 compared to Operating Income of $7.4 million for the third quarter of 2017. The change was the result of increased litigation costs and planned spending increases on sales and marketing since the Company is no longer constrained by financial and operating covenants in its former credit facility.
- Non-GAAP Operating Income was $10.7 million for the third quarter of 2018 compared to Non-GAAP Operating Income of $8.9 million for the third quarter of 2017.
- Net Loss for the third quarter of 2018 was $48.4 million, or a loss of $0.85 per basic and diluted share, compared to a Net Loss of $9.0 million, or a loss of $0.37 per basic and diluted share for the third quarter of 2017. The third quarter 2018 Net Loss was primarily due to a non-cash write-off of debt discount and issuance costs of $47.4 million related to the payoff and termination, on July 19, 2018, of the Company’s former credit facility.
- Non-GAAP Net Income for the third quarter of 2018 was $6.7 million compared to a Non-GAAP Net Loss of $3.1 million for the third quarter of 2017.
- Operating Cash Flow for the third quarter of 2018 was an outflow of $9.6 million, compared to an outflow of $4.4 million for the third quarter of 2017.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter of 2018 was $10.8 million compared to $9.5 million for the third quarter of 2017.
- Completed a $140 million offering of common and redeemable preferred stock on July 19, 2018, which resulted in repayment of all remaining outstanding obligations under the Company’s former credit facility totaling $132.8 million, consisting of principal, make-whole applicable premium, interest and fees.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Rimini Street, Inc. (RMNI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.00, Raises FY Guidance
- Greif Inc (GEF) Tops Q2 EPS by 7c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!