PriceSmart (PSMT) Misses Q2 EPS by 2c
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 scale new peak as jobs recovery gains traction
- Eli Lilly (LLY) Surges After Getting Breakthrough Therapy Designation From FDA, Analyst Raises PT and Sees Approval Chance at 90%, Biogen (BIIB) Plunges
- Dollar holds below two-month highs as Fed policy in focus, sterling slips
- Morgan Stanley's Huberty Dismisses Concerns Over Apple's (AAPL) 2022 Growth Prospects, Bumps PT; Says iPhone 'S' Cycle Is Different This Time and Sees 'Good' LT Buying Opportunity
- Visa (V) Acquires Tink, European Open Banking Platform for $2.2B
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PriceSmart (NASDAQ: PSMT) reported Q2 EPS of $0.90, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.92. Revenue for the quarter came in at $772.3 million versus the consensus estimate of $794.37 million.
For the second quarter of fiscal year 2017, net warehouse club sales increased 1.8% to $772.3 million from $759.0 million in the second quarter of fiscal year 2016. Total revenues for the second quarter of fiscal year 2017 were $793.3 million compared to $777.9 million in the comparable period of the prior year. The Company had 39 warehouse clubs in operation as of February 2017 and 38 clubs in operation as of February 2016.
The Company recorded operating income during the quarter of $39.4 million, as compared to operating income of $39.1 million in the prior year. Net income was $27.2 million, or $0.90 per diluted share, in the second quarter of fiscal year 2017 as compared to $25.9 million, or $0.85 per diluted share, in the second quarter of fiscal year 2016.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on PriceSmart (PSMT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carnival Corp. (CCL) sees adjusted net loss of $2 billion for Q2, says customer deposits increased
- Rite Aid (RAD) Tops Q1 EPS by 16c, FY EPS Guidance Misses Consensus
- PVH Corp. (PVH) Updates FY21 Outlook in Connection With Announcement of the Sale of Its IZOD, Van Heusen, ARROW and Geoffrey Beene Brands
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!