Oracle (ORCL) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c

March 19, 2018 4:03 PM EDT

Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.

Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) reported Q3 EPS of $0.83, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $0.72. Revenue for the quarter came in at $9.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $9.78 billion.

  • Cloud and On-Premise Software Revenues were up 8% to $8.0 billion. Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) revenues were up 33% to $1.2 billion. Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) plus Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) revenues were up 28% to $415 million. Total Cloud Revenues were up 32% to $1.6 billion.
  • Short-term deferred revenues were up 8% to $8.0 billion. Operating cash flow on a trailing twelve-month basis was up 13% to $15.2 billion.

"During FY17, I forecast double-digit non-GAAP earnings per share growth for FY18," said Oracle CEO, Safra Catz. "With non-GAAP earnings per share up 20% in Q3, our year-to-date earnings per share growth is now up to 16%. At this point, I feel quite confident that we will comfortably deliver on my original forecast of double-digit non-GAAP earnings per share growth for FY18."

"Our Fusion ERP and HCM SaaS applications suite revenues grew 65% in the quarter," said Oracle CEO, Mark Hurd. "Our Cloud SaaS applications business is rapidly approaching $5 billion…and it's still early days. Less than 15% of our on-premise applications customers have begun to migrate their applications to the cloud. As the other 85% of our applications customers start to move their applications to the Cloud, we have a huge opportunity in front of us. We expect to more than double the size of our SaaS business very quickly."

"The Oracle autonomous database is now fully available in the Oracle Cloud," said Oracle CTO, Larry Ellison. "And there are more autonomous cloud services to come. During this calendar year we expect to deliver Autonomous Analytics, Autonomous Mobility, Autonomous Application Development and Autonomous Integration services. Oracle's new suite of Autonomous PaaS services delivers an unprecedented level of automation and cost savings to our customers."

For earnings history and earnings-related data on Oracle (ORCL) click here.



Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!

You May Also Be Interested In





Related Categories

Earnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Management Comments

Related Entities

Mark Hurd, Larry Ellison, Earnings