Oracle (ORCL) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Square (SQ) to Acquire Afterpay for $29B in All Stock Deal
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.90, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.88. Revenue for the quarter came in at $9.6 billion versus the consensus estimate of $9.65 billion.
"We had another strong quarter in our Fusion and NetSuite cloud applications businesses with Fusion ERP revenues growing 37% and NetSuite ERP revenues growing 29%," said Oracle CEO, Safra Catz. "This consistent rapid growth in the now multibillion dollar ERP segment of our cloud applications business has enabled Oracle to deliver a double-digit EPS growth rate year-after-year. I fully expect we will do that again this year."
"It's still early days, but the Oracle Autonomous Database already has thousands of customers running in our Gen2 Public Cloud," said Oracle CTO, Larry Ellison. "Currently, our Autonomous Database running in our Public Cloud business is growing at a rate of over 100%. We expect that growth rate to increase dramatically as we release our Autonomous Database running on our Gen2 Cloud@Customer into our huge on-premise installed base over the next several months."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Oracle (ORCL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q2 EPS by 13c
- Cerner (CERN) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
- Lexicon Pharma (LXRX) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesLarry Ellison, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!