Oracle (ORCL) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS
- Square (SQ) to Acquire Afterpay for $29B in All Stock Deal
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) reported Q2 EPS of $0.69, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.69. Revenue for the quarter came in at $9.61 billion versus the consensus estimate of $9.5 billion.
Cloud software-as-a-service (SaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) revenue was up 45% to $516 million. Hardware Systems revenues were up 1% to $1.3 billion.
"We continue to deliver industry-leading operating margins and cash flow even after adding the thousands of specialized sales people and engineers necessary to accelerate the growth of our new cloud businesses," said Oracle CEO, Safra Catz.
"Total Q2 new cloud bookings grew at a rate of more than 140%," said Oracle CEO, Mark Hurd. "We now have over 600 ERP Fusion Cloud customers -- that's five-times more ERP customers than Workday."
"By Q4 of this year we expect our new cloud bookings to exceed $250 million," said Oracle Chairman and Chief Technology Officer Larry Ellison. "Next fiscal year our new cloud bookings will be well over the billion dollars mark."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Oracle (ORCL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q2 EPS by 13c
- Grainger (GWW) Misses Q2 EPS by 31c, Offers FY Guidance
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c, Updates Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesMark Hurd, Larry Ellison, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!