News Corp (NWSA) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
News Corp (NASDAQ: NWSA) reported Q3 EPS of $0.09, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.05. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.34 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.2 billion.
- Revenues were $2.34 billion, a 3% increase compared to $2.27 billion in the prior year, driven by the continued strong momentum across our key growth pillars
- Net income of $96 million compared to a net loss of $(1) billion in the prior year, which included non-cash impairment charges of $1.1 billion
- Total Segment EBITDA was $298 million compared to $242 million in the prior year
- Reported EPS were $0.13 compared to $(1.24) in the prior year – Adjusted EPS were $0.09 compared to $0.03 in the prior year
- Move, operator of realtor.com®, reported 37% revenue growth, with traffic reaching a record 108 million unique users in March, and was again a key driver of Segment EBITDA growth at the Digital Real Estate Services segment
- Dow Jones Segment EBITDA increased 61%, with another strong increase in digital advertising revenues, record digital subscriptions, and continued robust growth at Risk & Compliance
- Book Publishing Segment EBITDA increased 45%, benefiting from the success of numerous backlist titles, including the Bridgerton series
- Reached multi-year partnership agreements with Google and Facebook for news content
- Recently completed the acquisition of Investor’s Business Daily and announced the planned acquisitions of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt’s Books and Media segment and Mortgage Choice
For earnings history and earnings-related data on News Corp (NWSA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Alithya Group (ALYA) Reports Q4 Loss of $0.04 on Revenues of $78M
- Cloopen Group (RAAS) Reports Q1 Loss Per Share of $1.95
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!