MongoDB (MDB) shares surge after topping analyst expectations
- Tech, megacaps drag Wall St to lower close as big market week kicks off
- Recession EV price wars have started, expected another 15-20% in cuts - Chowdhry
- Johnson & Johnson shares tumble on reports talc unit bankruptcy case dismissed by appeals court
- 'Don't Fight the Fed' is still alive and this week will serve as a reminder - MS Wilson
- Ford to cut prices while 'significantly' increasing Mach-E production amid Tesla cuts
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MongoDB (NASDAQ: MDB) shares rocketed Tuesday in extended trading after the company reported third-quarter earnings exceeding analyst consensus expectations.
The software firm's share price is currently up more than 21% after closing the regular session down 2.7%.
It reported earnings of $0.23 per share, $0.40 above the analyst estimate of ($0.17), while revenue for the quarter came in at $333.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $305.09 million.
The company said the strength in its business was driven by improved Atlas consumption trends and continued strength in new business activity.
"MongoDB's third quarter results were highlighted by 61% Atlas revenue growth and $20 million of non-GAAP operating income," said Dev Ittycheria, President and Chief Executive Officer of MongoDB.
"Our performance reinforces the strategic importance of MongoDB's developer data platform in enabling our customers to use software and data to transform their businesses."
The company's guidance also topped expectations, with fourth-quarter adjusted earnings per share seen from $0.06 to $0.08 and revenue expected to be between $334 million and $337 million versus the consensus of $314.74 million.
Fill-year fiscal 2023 adjusted earnings per share are expected to be $0.29 to $0.31 versus the consensus of a loss per share of ($0.31), while revenue for the period is seen between $1.257 billion and $1.260 billion.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semiconductors reports mixed Q4 results
- Alexandria Real Estate (ARE) Tops Q4 EPS by 153c
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Posts In-Line Q4 Revenue; Guides Modestly Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!