Micron Technology (MU) Tops Q1 EPS by 26c, Q2 Guidance Tops Views
- Wall Street ends down as megacaps give back gains
- Current S&P 500 valuation is not leaving 'any margin for error' - JPMorgan
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P 500 weekly preview: Can this rally hold?
- Stocks retreat after rally with jobs data eyed, yields climb
- Alaska Air (ALK) drops 9% on $1.9 billion deal to buy Hawaiian (HA)
(Updated - December 19, 2017 4:08 PM EST)
Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) reported Q1 EPS of $2.45, $0.26 better than the analyst estimate of $2.19. Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.8 billion versus the consensus estimate of $6.41 billion.
"Micron's strong results were driven by double-digit sequential revenue growth in mobile, server and SSD applications, with expanded gross margins and improved profitability," said Micron President and CEO Sanjay Mehrotra.
"We are making solid progress on our strategic priorities to drive cost competitiveness, deploy high value solutions and strengthen our balance sheet. We believe these actions will position Micron to benefit from the broad demand trends ahead of us."
Micron sees Q18 EPS of $2.51 to $2.65 vs consensus of $2.04 on revenue of $6.8-$7.20 billion vs consensus of $6.18 billion.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Micron Technology (MU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GitLab Inc (GTLB) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c; Raises Outlook
- Mizuho sees potential earnings revision risks for Alphabet (GOOGL)
- Bumble (BMBL) to repurchase 4M shares of its Class A common stock from Blackstone
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!