Merck (MRK) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Merck (NYSE: MRK) reported Q3 EPS of $0.90, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of $0.88. Revenue for the quarter came in at $10.56 billion versus the consensus estimate of $10.66 billion.
“Last October, we launched a multi-year initiative to transform Merck and build a platform for sustained, future growth,” said Kenneth C. Frazier, chairman and chief executive officer, Merck. “One year later, we delivered solid third-quarter results and are making steady progress in our transformation, including divesting non-core assets, reducing our expense base and investing in our promising new product launches and pipeline.”
Select Revenue Highlights
Worldwide sales were $10.6 billion for the third quarter of 2014, a decrease of 4 percent compared with the third quarter of 2013, including a 1 percent positive impact from foreign exchange. The decline includes $425 million of lower sales due to divestitures and the termination of the joint venture with AstraZeneca (AZ).
The following table reflects sales of the company’s top pharmaceutical products, as well as total sales of Animal Health and Consumer Care products.
|Third Quarter||Third Quarter||Change||Change|
|$ in millions||2014||2013||Ex-exchange|
|PROQUAD, M-M-R II and VARIVAX||421||421||0%||0%|
Merck sees FY2014 EPS of $3.46-$3.50, versus the consensus of $3.47.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Merck (MRK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Expedia (EXPE) Flies Higher After Topping Analysts' Estimates, Analysts Raise Numbers and PT on 'Significant Outperformance'
- AerSale Corporation (ASLE) Tops Q1 EPS by 28c
- Plymouth Industrial REIT (PLYM) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!