Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation fears prompt tech sell-off
- Dogecoin Sees 'Sell the News' Reaction to Musk's SNL Appearance, as 'Hustle' Comment is Weighed Against Launch 'To the Moon'
- Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) Downgraded to 'Neutral' at Citi as Decelerating Growth Is Not Bullish for Multiples
- Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Ethereum (ETH) Soars Above $4,000 to Print Fresh Record Highs
(Updated - July 29, 2014 6:59 AM EDT)
Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK) reported Q2 EPS of $0.85, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.80. Revenue for the quarter came in at $10.93 billion versus the consensus estimate of $10.6 billion.
“We delivered a strong first half of the year, making progress in transforming our operating model, fueling innovation and managing costs, while focusing on our best opportunities,” said Kenneth C. Frazier, chairman and chief executive officer, Merck. “I’m excited as we are preparing for a series of important and promising product launches later this year that we believe will make a meaningful difference to patients, healthcare providers and payers, while creating value for society and shareholders.”
The following table reflects sales of the company's top pharmaceutical products, as well as total sales of Animal Health and Consumer Care products.
|Second Quarter||Second Quarter||Change||Change|
|$ in millions||2014||2013||Ex-exchange|
|PROQUAD, M-M-R II and VARIVAX||326||339||-4%||-3%|
The company sees FY14 adjusted EPS of $3.43 - $3.53, versus consensus expectations of $3.48.
In addition, the company continues to expect full-year 2014 non-GAAP marketing and administrative as well as R&D expenses to be below 2013 levels. The company continues to anticipate its full-year 2014 non-GAAP tax rate to be in the range of 24 to 26 percent; the rate does not include a 2014 benefit of an R&D tax credit.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yalla Group Limited (YALA) Reports Q1 Revenues Beat; Provides 2Q Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Kaleyra Inc. (KLR) Misses Q1 EPS by 19c, Revenues Miss; Affirms 2Q & FY21 Revenues Guidance Below Consensus
- Everbridge, Inc. (EVBG) Tops Q1 EPS by 29c; Guides Above Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!