MasterCard (MA) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c
- Inflation angst bruises world stocks
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Dollar holds gains after inflation surprise; Bitcoin partly recovers
- Silvergate Capital (SI) to be the Exclusive Issuer of U.S. Dollar Backed Stablecoins by Diem (FB)
- JPMorgan, others discuss issuing credit cards to people with no credit scores - WSJ
MasterCard (NYSE: MA) reported Q1 EPS of $0.89, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.80. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.23 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.28 billion.
“We are managing well, despite a mixed economic environment and challenging currency situation,” said Ajay Banga, president and CEO, MasterCard. “The underlying fundamentals of our business remain unchanged, driving our ability to sign new agreements with Citi and Itaú, work with digital giants and expand our support of the merchant community. This, combined with our focus on costs, allowed us to continue to deliver solid results in the first quarter.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on MasterCard (MA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alexco Resource (AXU) Reports Q1 EPS of Cdn$0.01
- MultiPlan Corp. (MPLN) Reports Q1 Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- NICE (NICE) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS/Revenues Guidance Above Consensus, Affirms 2Q EPS/Revs. View
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Related EntitiesCiti, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!