MFA Financial (MFA) Tops Q4 EPS by 7c, Beats on Revenues
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Note: EPS may not be comparable
MFA Financial (NYSE: MFA) reported Q4 EPS of $0.24, $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of $0.17. Revenue for the quarter came in at $96.8 million versus the consensus estimate of $76.32 million.
Fourth Quarter 2017 and other highlights:
- MFA generated fourth quarter net income available to common shareholders of $96.8 million, or $0.24 per common share (based on 397.5 million weighted average common shares outstanding). As of December 31, 2017, book value per common share was $7.70.
- Net income increased from the prior quarter due primarily to higher income on residential whole loans held at fair value, which exhibited mark to market gains and increased cash receipts. In addition, CRT securities held at fair value increased in value as prices recovered after hurricane-related concerns in the third quarter.
- On January 31, 2018, MFA paid its fourth quarter 2017 dividend of $0.20 per share of common stock to shareholders of record as of December 28, 2017.
- MFA purchased more than $700 million of residential mortgage assets in the fourth quarter, including $554 million of residential whole loans.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on MFA Financial (MFA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 06/18: (CAI) (SKKE) (GERN) Higher; (ORPH) (ATHA) (CGRN) Lower (more...)
- Dynagas LNG Partners (DLNG) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!