MFA Financial (MFA) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c
- Tesla lifts Nasdaq to record-high close, S&P 500 dips
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar edges higher as Fed debate over inflation continues
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MFA Financial (NYSE: MFA) reported Q1 EPS of $0.20, $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of $0.17.
First Quarter 2018 and other highlights:
- MFA generated first quarter net income available to common shareholders of $79.6 million, or $0.20 per common share (based on 398.3 million weighted average common shares outstanding). As of March 31, 2018, book value per common share was $7.62.
- Net Income was lower than in the fourth quarter of 2017, which included mark to market gains on CRT securities that had recovered in value following declines due to hurricane-related concerns in the third quarter of 2017.
- Asset acquisitions exceeded run-off during the quarter. MFA purchased in excess of $700 million of residential mortgage assets in the first quarter, including $522 million of residential whole loans.
- On April 30, 2018, MFA paid its first quarter 2018 dividend of $0.20 per share of common stock to shareholders of record as of March 29, 2018.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on MFA Financial (MFA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- H.B. Fuller (FUL) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c, Revenue Beats
- Everi Holdings (EVRI) Announces Expected 2021 Second Quarter Results In Connection With Plan To Refinance Outstanding Debt
- FedEx (FDX) Price Target Raised at Barclays on Strong Results Expectations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!