Loews Corp. (L) Tops Q1 EPS by 22c
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, led by surging Dow
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Loews Corp. (NYSE: L) reported Q1 EPS of $0.87, $0.22 better than the analyst estimate of $0.65. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.65 billion, versus $1.7 billion reported last year.
The company reported net income of $295 million compared to $102 million in the prior year period.
Net income increased $193 million as compared to the prior year due to higher earnings at CNA Financial Corporation, Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP and Loews Hotels & Co, as well as higher income generated by the parent company investment portfolio. These increases were partially offset by lower earnings at Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc.
Book value per share increased to $54.91 at March 31, 2017 from $53.96 at December 31, 2016. Book value per share excluding accumulated other comprehensive income (AOCI) increased to $55.35 at March 31, 2017 from $54.62 at December 31, 2016.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Loews Corp. (L) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nutrien (NTR) Raises 1st-Half Guidance
- Summit Midstream Partners (SMLP) Provides Updated 2021 Financial Guidance
- Shoe Carnival (SCVL) Announces 2-for-1 Stock Split; Provides Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!