Loews Corp. (L) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.46
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, led by surging Dow
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Loews Corp. (NYSE: L) reported Q3 EPS of $0.46, versus $0.97 reported last year.
Net income for the three months ended September 30, 2017 included several significant items. In the third quarter of 2017, the Company incurred $170 million of net catastrophe losses at CNA, as compared to $10 million in 2016, and a loss of $35 million in the aggregate on the early redemption of debt at CNA and Diamond Offshore. Excluding these significant items, earnings increased $25 million as compared to the prior year period mainly due to higher earnings at CNA, Diamond Offshore and improved results from the parent company investment portfolio.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Loews Corp. (L) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nutrien (NTR) Raises 1st-Half Guidance
- Kroger (KR) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c, FY EPS Guidance Beats
- Stifel Resumes Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!