Kroger Co. (KR) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Boosts FY14 EPS Outlook
- S&P, Nasdaq subdued on caution ahead of inflation data, Fed meeting
- Cigna rallies 12% after ending Humana deal talks, approving new $10B buyback
- Macy's (M) stock surges 20% on $5.8 billion buyout offer
- Citi goes against consensus ahead of 'pivotal' Fed meeting
- Wall Street subdued, gold slides ahead of CPI, Fed
Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) reported Q2 EPS of $1.09, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $1.05. Revenue for the quarter came in at $32.96 billion versus the consensus estimate of $32.59 billion.
Kroger Co. sees FY2014 EPS of $3.19-$3.27, versus prior guidance of $3.14-$3.25 and the consensus of $3.22.
The company's long-term net earnings per diluted share growth rate guidance is 8 – 11%, plus a growing dividend.
Kroger raised its identical supermarket sales growth guidance, excluding fuel, to 3.0% to 4.0% for fiscal 2014. The original guidance was 2.5% to 3.5%.
Kroger continues to use cash flow from operations to maintain its current investment grade debt rating, repurchase shares, grow its dividend, and fund capital investments. The company continues to expect capital investments excluding mergers, acquisitions and purchases of leased facilities, to be in the $2.8 to $3.0 billion range for the year, including Harris Teeter.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Kroger Co. (KR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AECOM (ACM) Affirms Commitment to Value Creation
- Bread Financial (BFH) Provides Performance Update for November 2023
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 25c, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!