KB Home (KBH) Tops Q4 EPS by 7c
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) reported Q4 EPS of $0.84, $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of $0.77. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.36 billion.
“Our strong fourth quarter and full year results demonstrate the progress we have achieved in the first year of our three-year Returns-Focused Growth Plan,” said Jeffrey Mezger, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “For the quarter, we significantly increased our earnings with double-digit revenue growth, a substantially expanded gross profit margin, and a new record-low selling, general and administrative expense ratio. During 2017, we delivered steady improvement in our financial and operational performance, which included enhancing our profitability, strengthening our balance sheet, increasing our cash flow, generating better returns, and decreasing our debt to capital ratio. Notably, we ended 2017 with both our return on equity and net debt to capital ratio within the target ranges for 2019 that we established more than a year ago.”
“As we look to 2018, we expect conditions will remain favorable in most of our served markets, with solid demand for housing driven by healthy employment, rising household incomes and strong consumer confidence, and continued limited supply,” said Mezger. “With a robust backlog of approximately $1.7 billion, we believe we are well positioned to continue our momentum towards achieving our Returns-Focused Growth Plan targets. Our main priorities for 2018 are to further accelerate our financial performance, grow our community count, and enhance long-term stockholder value.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on KB Home (KBH) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Middlefield Banc Corp. (MBCN) Announces CEO Retirement and Succession Plan
- Commercial Metals (CMC) Tops Q3 EPS by 22c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!