KB Home (KBH) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, led by surging Dow
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) reported Q1 EPS of $0.31, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.26. Revenue for the quarter came in at $811.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $830.28 million.
Backlog and Net Orders (comparisons on a year-over-year basis)
- Net orders decreased by 109, or 4%, to 2,675, with net order value declining $151.0 million, or 13%, to $1.02 billion. The decreases were primarily attributable to the Company’s West Coast region.
- Company-wide, net orders per community averaged 3.7 per month, compared to 4.2 per month.
- The cancellation rate as a percentage of gross orders was flat at 20%.
- The number of homes in ending backlog totaled 4,631, compared to 4,972.
- Ending backlog value of $1.66 billion decreased 16%, reflecting fewer homes in backlog and the lower average selling price of those homes primarily due to a shift in geographic mix.
- Ending community count grew 13% to 248. Average community count increased 10% to 244.
- The improvement in the Company’s ending and average community counts reflected increases in each of its four regions. Ending community count growth ranged from 4% in the Company’s Central region to 26% in its Southeast region.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on KB Home (KBH) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KB Home (KBH) call put ratio 9.8 calls to 1 put into quarter results and outlook
- Electronic Arts (EA) PT Raised to $171 at Ascendiant Capital
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!