JD.com (JD) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Beat
- Dow leads the way in broad Wall Street rally
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
- Oil rallies on weaker dollar and Iran supply uncertainty
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JD.com (NASDAQ: JD) reported Q1 EPS of $0.02, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.01. Revenue for the quarter came in at $11.11 billion versus the consensus estimate of $10.66 billion.
GMV for the first quarter of 2017 increased by 42% to RMB184.1 billion (US$26.7 billion) from RMB129.3 billion in the first quarter of 2016.
The strong results across the board reflect that the Chinese market is embracing our model of a high-quality online shopping experience,” said Richard Liu, Chairman and CEO of JD.com. “China’s increasingly discerning consumers are migrating en masse to our unwavering vision of online retail that prioritizes quality and user experience above all else. Looking forward, we are focused on further enhancing our customer experience, while leveraging the capabilities of our platform to serve the needs of a broader business ecosystem.”
“We are pleased to report another strong quarter of top and bottom line growth, as margins benefited from our rapidly growing scale across all of our product categories, as well as improved operating leverage,” said Sidney Huang, JD.com’s Chief Financial Officer. “In the quarters ahead, we will continue to invest in innovative technologies to ensure long-term growth across our platform.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on JD.com (JD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Everi Holdings (EVRI) Announces Expected 2021 Second Quarter Results In Connection With Plan To Refinance Outstanding Debt
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Theravance Biopharma (TBPH) Announces Top-Line Phase 2 Data of Nezulcitinib In COVID-19 Patients Hospitalized With Acute Lung Injury
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!