JD.com (JD) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS; GMV Rose 55%
- Dow leads the way in broad Wall Street rally
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
- Oil rallies on weaker dollar and Iran supply uncertainty
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JD.com (NASDAQ: JD) reported Q1 EPS of (RMB0.15), in-line with the analyst estimate of (RMB0.15). Revenue for the quarter came in at RMB54 billion versus the consensus estimate of RMB54.27 billion.
GMV and Net Revenues. GMV for the first quarter of 2016 was RMB129.3 billion (US$20.1 billion), up 55% from the core GMV for the first quarter of 2015. GMV from the online direct sales and online marketplace businesses totaled RMB76.2 billion and RMB53.1 billion, respectively, in the first quarter of 2016, an increase of 50% and 63%, respectively, from the core GMV for the first quarter of 2015. GMV from electronics and home appliance products was RMB67.5 billion in the first quarter of 2016, an increase of 54% from the core GMV for the first quarter of 2015, while GMV from general merchandise and others was RMB61.8 billion in the first quarter of 2016, an increase of 56% from the core GMV for the first quarter of 2015. GMV from general merchandise and others increased to 48% of total GMV in the first quarter of 2016 from 47% in the first quarter of 2015.
Second Quarter 2016 Guidance
Net revenues for the second quarter of 2016 are expected to be between RMB64.2 billion and RMB66.2 billion, representing a growth rate between 40% and 44% compared with the second quarter of 2015. This forecast reflects JD.com's current and preliminary expectation, which is subject to change.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on JD.com (JD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Summit Midstream Partners (SMLP) Provides Updated 2021 Financial Guidance
- Ford (F) Gains as it Expects Adjusted Q2 Profit Ahead of Expectations
- Jabil (JBL) Tops Q3 EPS by 26c, Q4 Guidance Tops Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!