Intel (INTC) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
(Updated - January 14, 2016 4:03 PM EST)
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) reported Q4 EPS of $0.74, $0.11 better than the analyst estimate of $0.63. Revenue for the quarter came in at $14.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $14.8 billion.
“Our results for the fourth quarter marked a strong finish to the year and were consistent with expectations,” said Brian Krzanich, Intel CEO. “Our 2015 results demonstrate that Intel is evolving and our strategy is working. This year, we’ll continue to drive growth by powering the infrastructure for an increasingly smart and connected world.”
Q4 gross margin was 64.3 percent, with estimates at 62 percent.
Q4 Business Unit Trends
- Client Computing Group revenue of $8.8 billion, up 3 percent sequentially and down 1 percent
- Data Center Group revenue of $4.3 billion, up 4 percent sequentially and up 5 percent year-over-year.
- Internet of Things Group revenue of $625 million, up 8 percent sequentially and up 6 percent year-over-
- Software and services operating segments revenue of $543 million, down 2 percent sequentially
- and down 3 percent year-over-year.
- Non-Volatile Memory Solution Group revenue was flat sequentially and up 10 percent year-over-year.
The company sees Q1 adjusted revenue of $14.1 billion +/- $500 million. The consensus is at $13.86 billion.
Intel sees Q1 GAAP gross margin at 58 percent +/- a couple of points, with the consensus at 61.0 percent.
Embedded below is CFO Stacy Smith's commentary:
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley says PagerDuty stock is 'too cheap to ignore'; Shares gain after earnings
- Nutanix rises 10% on solid forecast; BofA sees 'many positives'
- Elastic surges 18% as AI boost yields beat and raise quarter, analyst upgrade
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!