Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 15c; Boosts Outlook
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) reported Q1 EPS of $0.87, $0.15 better than the analyst estimate of $0.72. Revenue for the quarter came in at $16.1 billion versus the consensus estimate of $15.05 billion.
Intel is raising its full-year revenue and earnings outlook based on this strong start; expecting 2018 revenue of $67.5 billion, up $2.5 billion from prior guidance.
"Coming off a record 2017, 2018 is off to a strong start. Our PC business continued to execute well and our data-centric businesses grew 25 percent, accounting for nearly half of first-quarter revenue," said Brian Krzanich, Intel CEO. "The strength of Intel’s business underscores my confidence in our strategy and the unrelenting demand for compute performance fueled by the growth of data."
“Compared to the first-quarter expectations we set in January, revenue was higher, operating margins were stronger and EPS was better," said Bob Swan, Intel CFO. "Our data-centric strategy is accelerating Intel’s transformation, and we’re raising our earnings and cash flow expectations for the year."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Intel (INTC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley says PagerDuty stock is 'too cheap to ignore'; Shares gain after earnings
- Genesco (GCO) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c; Lowers Outlook
- Tilly's, Inc. (TLYS) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!