Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Tops Q2 EPS by 41c
- Wall Street opens higher after Evergrande-led rout
- DraftKings (DKNG) made a $20B cash and stock offer for Entain - CNBC
- Buy the Dip in Tech Stocks - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL): Analysts Weigh in on iPhone 13 'Lengthy' Delivery Times, US Customers Facing Up to 5 Weeks Wait for Pro and Pro Max
- Dollar slips from 1-month highs as "buy the dip" trades bloom
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW) reported Q2 EPS of $2.45, $0.41 better than the analyst estimate of $2.04. Revenue for the quarter came in at $3.7 billion versus the consensus estimate of $3.52 billion.
Illinois Tool Works sees FY2021 EPS of $8.55-$8.95, versus the consensus of $8.51.
- The company is raising its full-year GAAP EPS guidance to $8.55 to $8.95 per share, an increase of $0.35 or 32 percent at the midpoint versus prior year. This compares to previous guidance of $8.20 to $8.60 per share and incorporates the one-time tax benefit realized in the second quarter. The company is also raising its organic growth guidance to a range of 11 to 13 percent. Foreign currency translation impact at current foreign exchange rates is projected to contribute 3 percentage points to revenue growth. Raw material cost increases are expected to be offset by price increases on a dollar-for-dollar basis and therefore EPS neutral. The full year margin dilution impact from price/cost is now forecasted to be approximately 100 basis points, partially offsetting the expected margin contribution from Enterprise Initiatives of more than 100 basis points. As a result of price/cost, operating margin is expected to be in the range of 24.5 to 25.5 percent, an increase of 210 basis points at the midpoint versus 2020 and 50 basis points lower versus previous guidance. Free cash flow is expected to be approximately 100 percent of net income adjusted for the second quarter one-time tax benefit, and the company is on pace to repurchase approximately $1 billion of its shares, having repurchased $500 million in the first half of the year. Guidance excludes any impact from the previously announced acquisition of the MTS Test & Simulation business.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Uber (UBER) says it's tracking towards Adjusted EBITDA breakeven in Q3, ahead of prior guidance
- UPDATE: Jefferies Downgrades Oshkosh (OSK) to Hold
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q4 EPS by $5.85, Revenue Beats
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!