Hornbeck Offshore Service (HOS) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- Wall Street sell-off deepens, Nasdaq confirms correction
- Alcoa (AA) Posts Q4 EPS Beat and In-Line Revenues, Goldman Sachs Expects Results to Be 'Well Received'
- US 10-Year Treasury Yield Hits 1.9% as German 10-Year Bund Trades in Positive Territory for the First Time Since 2019; UK Inflation Hits 30-Year High
- Bank of America (BAC) Stock Gains After Earnings, Analysts Bullish
- U.S. dollar weakens, but keeps positive outlook; sterling rises after UK data
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Hornbeck Offshore Service (NYSE: HOS) reported Q1 EPS of ($0.76), $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.77). Revenue for the quarter came in at $44.08 million versus the consensus estimate of $41.76 million.
- 1Q2017 diluted EPS was $(0.76), a decrease of $0.23, or 43%, from 4Q2016 diluted EPS of $(0.53)
- 1Q2017 net loss was $(27.9) million, a decrease of $8.7 million from 4Q2016 net loss of $(19.2) million
- 1Q2017 EBITDA was $1.6 million, a slight increase from 4Q2016 EBITDA of $1.1 million
- 1Q2017 revenues include a redelivery fee of $9.4 million related to the completion of a long-term OSV contract
- 1Q2017 G&A expense includes $3.8 million of additional bad debt reserve related to a former customer\'s bankruptcy proceedings
- Excluding these two items, adjusted 1Q2017 diluted EPS and net loss were $(0.87) and $(31.7) million, respectively
- Excluding these two items, adjusted 1Q2017 EBITDA was $(3.9) million, a decrease of $5.0 million from 4Q2016 EBITDA of $1.1 million
- Excluding the redelivery fee, 1Q2017 average new gen OSV dayrates were $19,221, a decrease of $4,991, or 21%, sequentially
- Excluding the redelivery fee, 1Q2017 effective new gen OSV dayrates were $3,787, a decrease of $1,055, or 22%, sequentially
- 1Q2017 utilization of the Company\'s new gen OSV fleet was 20%, in-line with the sequential quarter
- 1Q2017 effective utilization of the Company\'s active new gen OSVs was 68%, down from 75% sequentially
- The Company has exercised the interest coverage holiday permitted by the revolving credit facility capping the borrowing base at $75 million
- The Company currently has 41 OSVs and two MPSVs stacked and expects to have 46 OSVs and two MPSVs stacked by end of 3Q17
- Quarter-end cash was $209 million with only $70 million of growth capex remaining to be funded under the 24-vessel newbuild program
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Hornbeck Offshore Service (HOS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 48c, Offers Guidance
- Matson (MATX) announces preliminary fourth quarter financial results
- Enviva Partners (EVA) Enters MOU with US Client, Issues Updates to Business and Sales Pipeline
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!