Home Depot (HD) Tops Q1 EPS by 6c; Updates Outlook
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Home Depot (NYSE: HD) reported Q1 EPS of $1.67, $0.06 better than the analyst estimate of $1.61. Revenue for the quarter came in at $23.9 billion versus the consensus estimate of $23.72 billion.
"We were pleased with our results as they reflected broad-based growth across our interconnected platform and all geographies," said Craig Menear, chairman, CEO and president. "This was made possible by our hard working store associates, merchants and supply chain teams and our continued dedication to customer service."
Based on its year-to-date performance, the Company reaffirmed its fiscal 2017 sales growth guidance and expects sales will be up approximately 4.6 percent and comp sales will be up approximately 4.6 percent. The Company also raised its diluted earnings-per-share growth guidance for the year and now expects diluted earnings-per-share growth after anticipated share repurchases of approximately 11.0 percent from fiscal 2016 to $7.15, versus the consensus of $7.20.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Home Depot (HD) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley says PagerDuty stock is 'too cheap to ignore'; Shares gain after earnings
- Elastic N.V. (ESTC) Tops Q2 EPS by 13c; offers guidance
- Ambarella (AMBA) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!