Home Bancshares (HOMB) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Home Bancshares (NASDAQ: HOMB) reported Q1 EPS of $0.42, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.41.
“Our first quarter earnings were $73.1 million and $97.0 million before taxes, both of which are records for Home,” said John Allison, Chairman. “We achieved an impressive return on average assets of 2.08%, which combined with our 37.83% efficiency ratio, has us positioned for another year of solid returns for our shareholders.”
Tracy French, Centennial Bank President and Chief Executive Officer, added, “We are pleased to deliver strong financial results for the first quarter while continuing to maintain high asset quality. We maintained a non-performing assets to total assets ratio below 50 basis points and originated over $575 million in loans during the quarter. In addition, our conversion teams completed the system conversion of Stonegate during the quarter which will provide opportunity for continued efficiencies.”
“We are proud to report our most profitable quarter in the Company’s history,” said Randy Sims, Home BancShares, Inc. Chief Executive Officer. “Diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $0.42 per share which was an increase of $0.09 or 27.3% from the first quarter of 2017. With outstanding performance results such as these, our shareholders can remain confident that we continue to focus on providing them with solid returns.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Home Bancshares (HOMB) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kroger lifts annual forecasts as online grocery investments click
- CAI International (CAI) to Be Acquired by Mitsubishi HC for $56/Share, 47% Premium
- $274M in Insider Sales from Previously 2nd Most Important Person at Tesla (TSLA) Should Raise Eyebrows - GLJ Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!