Hershey Foods (HSY) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Hershey Foods (NYSE: HSY) reported Q2 EPS of $1.47, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $1.43. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.99 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.83 billion.
Hershey Foods sees FY2021 EPS of $6.79-$6.92, versus the consensus of $6.89.
- Full-year net sales growth is now expected to be in the range of 6% to 8%, an increase from the previously communicated range of 4% to 6%. This increase is driven by stronger than anticipated recovery in the company's away-from-home business and international markets, as well as the acquisition of Lily's.
- The net impact of acquisitions and divestitures is anticipated to be a 0.7 point benefit.
- Full-year reported earnings per share are now expected to be in the range of $6.59 to $6.85, an increase of 8% to 12% from $6.11 in fiscal 2020. This slight decrease versus the previously communicated range of 9% to 12% is due to incremental costs to execute and integrate the Lily's acquisition.
- Full-year adjusted earnings per share are still expected to be in the $6.79 to $6.92 range, unchanged from the previously communicated 8% to 10% increase from $6.29 in fiscal 2020. Increased profit from higher sales is expected to be offset primarily by incremental tax reserves incurred in the second quarter in connection with an adverse ruling in a non-U.S. tax litigation matter, as well as higher supply chain costs associated with servicing higher volume.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Hershey Foods (HSY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Progressive Corp. (PGR) Reports August 2021 Results
- Int'l Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) Appoints Glenn Richter as EVP and CFO, Raises Sales Guidance
- JinkoSolar (JKS) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.05
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!