Guess? (GES) Tops Q4 EPS by 62c
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Guess? (NYSE: GES) reported Q4 EPS of $1.18, $0.62 better than the analyst estimate of $0.56. Revenue for the quarter came in at $648 million versus the consensus estimate of $659.93 million.
Given the current circumstances regarding the COVID-19 crisis and its uncertain impact on our operations, we are not providing detailed guidance for the first quarter or the full fiscal year ending January 29, 2022. We expect revenues in the first quarter of fiscal 2022 to be down in the high-single digits versus the first quarter of fiscal 2020 as pandemic-related shutdowns and traffic declines are partially offset by continued momentum in our global e-commerce business and the favorable timing shift of European wholesale shipments from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2021 into the first quarter of fiscal 2022. For the full fiscal year 2022, assuming no COVID-related shutdowns past the first quarter, we expect revenues to be down in the high single digits versus fiscal 2020. The expectation for the full year also assumes a return to a normal cadence of product development and shipments for our European wholesale business. These comparisons are both versus the pre-pandemic periods from two fiscal years prior, in order to provide a more normalized comparison.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Guess? (GES) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citigroup (C) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.02
- State Street (STT) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c
- PNC Financial Services (PNC) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.35