Groupon (GRPN) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c, Revenue Misses
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) reported Q1 EPS of $0.01, $0.02 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.01). Revenue for the quarter came in at $673.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $724.96 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $44.8 million
- Added 500 thousand net new customers in North America, bringing North America active customers to 31.6 million; global active customers reached 48.3 million
“In the first quarter, we continued to make solid progress in our mission to be the daily habit in local commerce,” said CEO Rich Williams. “Our focus on growing customers in our marketplace, significantly improving the customer experience and continuing to streamline and simplify our business helped drive a 42 percent year-over-year increase in Adjusted EBITDA and gross profit of $309 million for the quarter.”
Groupon is reiterating its outlook for 2017, which reflects current foreign exchange rates, as well as expected marketing investments and cost benefits associated with our streamlining initiatives. The basis for our full year 2017 guidance is continuing operations.
- For the full year 2017, Groupon expects gross profit to be in the range of $1.30 billion to $1.35 billion.
- Groupon expects Adjusted EBITDA to be in the range of $200 million to $240 million in 2017.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Groupon (GRPN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Beauty Health Company (SKIN) Reports Q1 Revenues of $47.5M; Offers FY21 Revenues Outlook
- MediaAlpha Inc. (MAX) Misses Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Guidance
- Inpixon (INPX) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.08, Revenues Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!