Groupon (GRPN) Tops Q1 EPS by 28c
- Wall St ends lower, pulled down by tech stocks
- AT&T (T) to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) in Blockbuster Deal, Valuation Estimated at $150 Billion
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Enters Aon plc (AON), Sells Most of Wells Fargo (WFC) Stake
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Month Lows Before Bouncing as Musk Confirms Tesla Has Not Sold Any BTC
- Morgan Stanley Sees a Path for Amazon.com (AMZN) to Hit $6,000 In the Next 12 Months
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - June 16, 2020 4:17 PM EDT)
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) reported Q1 EPS of ($1.63), $0.28 better than the analyst estimate of ($1.91). Revenue for the quarter came in at $374.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $369.14 million.
"COVID-19 has had a major impact on our business and we have moved quickly to position Groupon to weather the pandemic and to help our merchants face these unprecedented challenges," said Aaron Cooper, Interim CEO of Groupon. "At the same time, during the first half of 2020, we created a more agile organization that is focused on improving the long-term health of our marketplace. Notwithstanding the challenges created by the macroeconomic landscape, we continue to believe we have distinct competitive advantages that will allow us to take share in the highly fragmented, $1 trillion-plus local experiences market."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Groupon (GRPN) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GAN Limited (GAN) Misses Q1 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
- Midwest Energy Emissions Corp. New (MEEC) Reports In-Line Q1 EPS, Revenues Beat
- COMSovereign Holding Corp. (COMS) Reports Q1 Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!