Goldman Sachs (GS) Tops Q4 EPS by 76c
- Wall St subdued as traders watch for policy cues from Fed speakers
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks hold firm as dollar dithers ahead of US data
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
- Fourth quarter net revenues were $7.83 billion and the net loss was $1.93 billion. The diluted loss per common share was $5.51 compared with diluted earnings per common share of $5.08 for the fourth quarter of 2016 and $5.02 for the third quarter of 2017. Excluding Tax Legislation (1), diluted earnings per common share were $5.68 (2) for the fourth quarter of 2017.
- Fourth Quarter Net revenues in Investment Banking were $2.14 billion for the fourth quarter of 2017, 44% higher than the fourth quarter of 2016 and 19% higher than the third quarter of 2017. Net revenues in Financial Advisory were $772 million, 9% higher than the fourth quarter of 2016, reflecting higher net revenues in the U.S. Net revenues in Underwriting were $1.37 billion, 76% higher than the fourth quarter of 2016, due to significantly higher net revenues in both debt underwriting, primarily from leveraged finance activity, and equity underwriting, primarily from secondary offerings. The firm’s investment banking transaction backlog increased compared with the end of the third quarter of 2017. (5)
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Goldman Sachs (GS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zscaler shares slip following conservative annual billings guidance
- Pinduoduo (PDD) Tops Q3 EPS by 267c
- PDD third-quarter revenue tops estimates, sending shares higher premarket
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!