Goldman Sachs (GS) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.09
- Wall St subdued as traders watch for policy cues from Fed speakers
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks hold firm as dollar dithers ahead of US data
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
(Updated - July 18, 2022 7:28 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) reported Q2 EPS of $7.73, $1.09 better than the analyst estimate of $6.64. Revenue for the quarter came in at $11.86 billion versus the consensus estimate of $10.85 billion.
During the quarter, the firm continued to support clients amid an evolving macroeconomic environment and generated solid quarterly net revenues of $11.86 billion, net earnings of $2.93 billion and diluted EPS of $7.73.
Investment Banking generated quarterly net revenues of $2.14 billion, including strong net revenues in Financial advisory. The firm ranked #1 in worldwide announced and completed mergers and acquisitions and in worldwide equity and equityrelated offerings and common stock offerings for the year-to-date.2
Global Markets generated quarterly net revenues of $6.47 billion, reflecting strong performances in both Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) and Equities, particularly in financing.
Consumer & Wealth Management generated record quarterly net revenues of $2.18 billion, 25% higher than the second quarter of 2021.
Firmwide assets under supervision3,4 increased $101 billion during the quarter, including inflows of $305 billion from the acquisition of NN Investment Partners (NNIP)5, to a record $2.50 trillion. Firmwide Management and other fees were a record $2.23 billion for the second quarter of 2022, 22% higher than the second quarter of 2021.
Book value per common share increased by 2.9% during the quarter and 6.2% during the first half of 2022 to $301.88.
On July 14, 2022, the Board of Directors of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. approved a 25% increase in the quarterly dividend to $2.50 per common share beginning in the third quarter of 2022.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Goldman Sachs (GS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zscaler shares slip following conservative annual billings guidance
- Seadrill Ltd. (SDRL) Tops Q3 EPS by 25c; offers guidance
- AMTD IDEA (AMTD) achieved 2.5 times digital media & entertainment revenue in the first half of 2023
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!