Goldman Sachs (GS) Tops Q1 EPS by $1.37, Increases Dividend
- Wall St subdued as traders watch for policy cues from Fed speakers
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks hold firm as dollar dithers ahead of US data
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
(Updated - April 17, 2018 7:38 AM EDT)
Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) reported Q1 EPS of $6.95, $1.37 better than the analyst estimate of $5.58. Revenue for the quarter came in at $10.04 billion versus the consensus estimate of $8.74 billion.
- Net revenues of $10.04 billion were 25% higher than the first quarter of 2017 and the highest in three years.
- Annualized ROE (1) of 15.4% was the highest in over five years.
- Diluted earnings per common share were $6.95, the third highest quarterly performance.
- Book value per common share increased by 3.2% during the quarter to $186.73.
- Investment Banking net revenues of $1.79 billion included the second highest quarterly net revenues in debt underwriting.
- Institutional Client Services generated net revenues of $4.39 billion. Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities Client Execution and Equities each produced its highest quarterly results in three years.
- Investment Management produced record quarterly net revenues of $1.77 billion, as assets under supervision (2) increased to a record $1.50 trillion, with net inflows in long-term assets under supervision of $13 billion.
Increases the Quarterly Dividend to $0.80 Per Common Share
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Goldman Sachs (GS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zscaler shares slip following conservative annual billings guidance
- Pinduoduo (PDD) Tops Q3 EPS by 267c
- Citi Trends (CTRN) Misses Q3 EPS by 43c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Dividend, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!