Goldman Sachs (GS) Q2 Revenue, EPS Tops Views
- Wall St subdued as traders watch for policy cues from Fed speakers
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks hold firm as dollar dithers ahead of US data
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) reported Q2 EPS of $5.98, $1.32 better than the analyst estimate of $4.66. Revenue for the quarter came in at $9.4 billion versus the consensus estimate of $8.74 billion.
- Net revenues of $9.40 billion were 19% higher than the second quarter of 2017 and the highest second quarter in nine years.
- The firm ranked first in worldwide announced mergers and acquisitions for the year-to-date. The firm also ranked first in worldwide equity and equity-related offerings, common stock offerings and initial public offerings for the year-todate. (2)
- Investment Banking produced net revenues of $2.05 billion (third highest quarter), reflecting strong net revenues in both Financial Advisory and Underwriting.
- Investment Management produced record quarterly net revenues of $1.84 billion. Assets under supervision (3) increased to a record $1.51 trillion.
- First half diluted EPS increased 42% compared with the first half of 2017 to a record $12.93.
- First half annualized ROE (1) of 14.1% was the highest in nine years.
- Book value per common share increased by 4.1% during the quarter and 7.4% during the year-to-date to $194.37
“Solid performance across all of our major businesses drove the strongest first-half returns in nine years. With a healthy economic backdrop and deep client franchises, the firm is well-positioned to invest in attractive opportunities to meet the needs of our clients and continue to generate earnings growth,” said Lloyd C. Blankfein, Chairman and CEO.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Goldman Sachs (GS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zscaler shares slip following conservative annual billings guidance
- LightInTheBox Holding (LITB) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.00 ; Offers Guidance
- Seadrill Ltd. (SDRL) Tops Q3 EPS by 25c; offers guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!