FedEx (FDX) Tops Q3 EPS by 16c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook Midpoint
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FedEx (NYSE: FDX) reported Q3 EPS of $2.51, $0.16 better than the analyst estimate of $2.35. Revenue for the quarter came in at $12.7 billion versus the consensus estimate of $12.4 billion.
Adjusted operating income rose 19% year over year primarily due to improved yield management and the continued positive impacts from profit improvement program initiatives at FedEx Express. The net impact of fuel and currency exchange rates also improved results. These benefits were partially offset by weaker operating results at FedEx Freight and FedEx Ground.
FedEx sees FY2016 EPS of $10.70 - $10.90, versus prior guidance of $10.40 - $1.90 and the consensus of $10.56.
The company also sees FY16 GDP growth up 2.2 percent, versus prior expectations of 2.6 percent growth. The company expects FY17 GDP growth of up 2.5 percent.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on FedEx (FDX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 06/11: (NOVN) (PGEN) (AMEH) Higher; (VRTX) (ELY) (SNOW) Lower (more...)
- Kaspien (KSPN) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!