FedEx (FDX) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
(Updated - September 17, 2014 7:32 AM EDT)
FedEx (NYSE: FDX) reported Q1 EPS of $2.10, $0.14 better than the analyst estimate of $1.96. Revenue for the quarter came in at $11.7 billion versus the consensus estimate of $11.48 billion.
“FedEx Corp. is off to an outstanding start in fiscal 2015, thanks to very strong performance at FedEx Ground, solid volume and revenue increases at FedEx Freight and healthy growth in U.S. domestic volume at FedEx Express,” said Frederick W. Smith, FedEx Corp. chairman, president and chief executive officer. “More customers are relying on FedEx because they appreciate the competitive advantages provided by our broad portfolio of solutions.”
FedEx Ground Segment
For the first quarter, the FedEx Ground segment reported:
• Revenue of $2.96 billion, up 8% from last year’s $2.73 billion
• Operating income of $545 million, up 13% from $483 million a year ago
• Operating margin of 18.4%, up from 17.7% the previous year
FedEx Freight Segment
For the first quarter, the FedEx Freight segment reported:
• Revenue of $1.61 billion, up 13% from last year’s $1.42 billion
• Operating income of $168 million, up 70% from $99 million a year ago
• Operating margin of 10.4%, up from 7.0% the previous year
FedEx reaffirms FY2015 guidance.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on FedEx (FDX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Dynagas LNG Partners (DLNG) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c
- National Storage Affiliates Trust (NSA) PT Raised to $56 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!