FedEx (FDX) Tops Q1 EPS by $2.18
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
FedEx (NYSE: FDX) reported Q1 EPS of $4.87, $2.18 better than the analyst estimate of $2.69. Revenue for the quarter came in at $19.3 billion versus the consensus estimate of $17.55 billion.
FedEx is not providing an earnings forecast for fiscal 2021. The capital spending forecast for the year is up $200 million to $5.1 billion, driven by additional capacity initiatives to support increased volume levels.
“While business demand improved in the first quarter, continued uncertainties cloud our ability to forecast full-year earnings,” said Alan B. Graf, Jr., FedEx Corp. executive vice president and chief financial officer. “However, we expect to continue to benefit from our strong position in the U.S. and international package and freight markets, yield improvement opportunities and cost management initiatives.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on FedEx (FDX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 22c, Q3 Guidance Tops Views
- Dynagas LNG Partners (DLNG) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c
- Kroger (KR) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c, FY EPS Guidance Beats
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!