Exponent, Inc. (EXPO) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c
- Wall Street rebounds after two-day decline; Netflix slides
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop 2% on U.S. crude build, COVID-19 surge in India
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- U.S. dollar losses bounce after Canada tips toward higher rates
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Exponent, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPO) reported Q4 EPS of $0.41, $0.13 better than the analyst estimate of $0.28. Revenue for the quarter came in at $103.2 million versus the consensus estimate of $91.48 million.
“In a year of worldwide challenge, we demonstrated the durability of Exponent’s business model and the strength of our market opportunities. Our fourth quarter results exceeded our prior expectations and illustrate continued improvement across the business. For the quarter, we expanded EBITDA1 margin 200 basis points as compared to the same period last year. Net revenues in the quarter reflected a return to underlying growth, declining only 5% in the face of the 8% headwind from an extra week in the fourth quarter of 2019. Our successful execution demonstrates the resiliency of our business model, the dedication of our world-class team, and the strength of our reputation. While we are encouraged by our results, we continue to experience project delays in certain areas due to COVID-19,” commented Dr. Catherine Corrigan, President and Chief Executive Officer.
“Society is raising the bar for safety, health, sustainability and reliability, and clients are increasingly seeking Exponent’s interdisciplinary proactive solutions. Exponent grew its annual revenues from proactive services in both business segments, despite pandemic related restrictions, one less week than the prior year, and the divestiture of the German entity. Industry and government alike are advancing their missions in multifaceted ways, from designing novel products and navigating new regulatory challenges to innovating and evaluating new paradigms and processes. These dynamics are creating opportunities for Exponent, and we will leverage our nimble business model to capitalize on these opportunities to drive long-term growth and profitability,” continued Dr. Corrigan.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Exponent, Inc. (EXPO) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Equifax (EFX) Tops Q1 EPS by 11c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS/Revenue Guidance Above Consensus, Offers 2Q EPS/Revenue Views Above Consensus
- Washington Trust Bancorp (WASH) Tops Q1 EPS by 13c
- Tristate Capital (TSC) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c