Disney (DIS) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
(Updated - November 6, 2014 4:19 PM EST)
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q4 EPS of $0.89, $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of $0.88. Revenue was $12.4 billion, versus consensus estimates of $12.4 billion.
“Our results for Fiscal 2014 were the highest in the Company’s history, marking our fourth consecutive year of record performance,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “We’re obviously very pleased with this achievement and believe it reflects the extraordinary quality of our content and our unique ability to leverage success across the Company to create significant value, as well as our focus on embracing and adapting to emerging consumer trends and technology.”
The following table summarizes the full year and fourth quarter segment operating results for fiscal 2014 and 2013 (in millions):
|Quarter Ended||Year Ended|
|Sept. 27, 2014||Sept. 28, 2013||Change||Sept. 27, 2014||Sept. 28, 2013||Change|
|Parks and Resorts||3,960||3,716||7||%||15,099||14,087||7||%|
|Segment operating income (loss):|
|Parks and Resorts||687||571||20||%||2,663||2,220||20||%|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chewy (CHWY) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c, Revs Beat Slightly
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Blue Owl Capital (OWL) at Buy
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) PT Raised to $76 at Stifel Following Conference
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!