Disney (DIS) Tops Q2 EPS by 9c, Revenue Falls Short
- Tesla lifts Nasdaq to record-high close, S&P 500 dips
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar edges higher as Fed debate over inflation continues
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q2 EPS of $1.50, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $1.41. Revenue for the quarter came in at $13.3 billion versus the consensus estimate of $13.45 billion.
The following table summarizes the second quarter and six-month segment operating results for fiscal 2017 and 2016 (in millions):
|Quarter Ended||Six Months Ended|
|April 1,||April 2,||April 1,||April 2,|
|Parks and Resorts||4,299||3,928||9||%||8,854||8,209||8||%|
|Consumer Products & Interactive Media||1,057||1,186||(11||)%||2,533||3,096||(18||)%|
|Segment operating income:|
|Parks and Resorts||750||624||20||%||1,860||1,605||16||%|
|Consumer Products & Interactive Media||367||357||3||%||1,009||1,217||(17||)%|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c, Offers Q2 Guidance
- PVH Corp. (PVH) Updates FY21 Outlook in Connection With Announcement of the Sale of Its IZOD, Van Heusen, ARROW and Geoffrey Beene Brands
- Winnebago Industries (WGO) Tops Q3 EPS by 40c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!