Disney (DIS) Tops Q2 EPS by 13c
- Nasdaq 100 futures hit record high ahead of business activity data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Cyclical currencies lead after dust settles on Fed
- Xpeng (XPEV) Leaps After Receiving a Green Light From Regulators to Raise Up To $2 Billion in Hong Kong IPO
- 'A Stampede for Clean Energy': Amazon (AMZN) Commits to Buy More Renewable Energy, Becomes the Top All-Time US Corporate Buyer
(Updated - May 5, 2015 8:02 AM EDT)
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q2 EPS of $1.23, $0.13 better than the analyst estimate of $1.10. Revenue was $12.5 billion, versus the consensus of $12.3 billion.
“Our second quarter performance, marked by increased revenue, net income and EPS of $1.23, demonstrates the incredible ability of our strong brands and quality content to drive results,” said Robert A. Iger, chairman and chief executive officer of The Walt Disney Company. “The power of this winning combination is once again reflected in the phenomenal worldwide success of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, which has opened at number one in every market so far.”
The following table summarizes the second quarter and six-month segment operating results for fiscal 2015 and 2014 (in millions):
|Quarter Ended||Six Months Ended|
|Parks and Resorts||3,760||3,562||6||%||7,670||7,159||7||%|
|Segment operating income:|
|Parks and Resorts||566||457||24||%||1,371||1,128||22||%|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Solar Stocks to Invest in 2021? Wall Street Weighs In
- KKR & Co. (KKR) to Invest in Leading ANZ Edtech Company Education Perfect
- PVH Corp. (PVH) Updates FY21 Outlook in Connection With Announcement of the Sale of Its IZOD, Van Heusen, ARROW and Geoffrey Beene Brands
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Hot List, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!