Disney (DIS) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c, Disney+ Subs 26.5 Million
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, led by surging Dow
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Explores Sale - Report
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q1 EPS of $1.53, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $1.44. Revenue for the quarter came in at $20.86 billion versus the consensus estimate of $20.79 billion.
“We had a strong first quarter, highlighted by the launch of Disney+, which has exceeded even our greatest expectations,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “Thanks to our incredible collection of brands, outstanding content from our creative engines and state-of-the-art technology, we believe our direct-to-consumer services, including Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu, position us well for continued growth in today’s dynamic media environment.”
he following table presents the number of paid subscribers(1) (in millions) for Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu:
Live TV + SVOD
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walt Disney (DIS) PT Raised to $215 at Guggenheim on Faster Recovery with Higher Spending Levels
- County Bancorp (ICBK) Announces 29.7% Drop in Non-Performing Assets
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesHulu, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!