Disney (DIS) Tops Q1 EPS by 20c
- Nasdaq 100 futures hit record high ahead of business activity data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Cyclical currencies lead after dust settles on Fed
- Xpeng (XPEV) Leaps After Receiving a Green Light From Regulators to Raise Up To $2 Billion in Hong Kong IPO
- 'A Stampede for Clean Energy': Amazon (AMZN) Commits to Buy More Renewable Energy, Becomes the Top All-Time US Corporate Buyer
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q1 EPS of $1.27, $0.20 better than the analyst estimate of $1.07. Revenue for the quarter came in at $13.39 billion versus the consensus estimate of $12.85 billion.
“This was yet another incredibly strong quarter for our Company, with diluted EPS up 23% driven by record revenue as well as significant growth in segment operating income,” said Robert A. Iger, chairman and chief executive officer, The Walt Disney Company. “Our results once again reflect the strength of our brands and high quality content and demonstrate that our proven franchise strategy creates long-term value across all of our businesses.”
The following table summarizes the first quarter segment operating results for fiscal 2015 and 2014 (in millions):
|December 27,2014||December 28,2013||Change|
|Parks and Resorts||3,910||3,597||9||%|
|Segment operating income:|
|Parks and Resorts||805||671||20||%|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Solar Stocks to Invest in 2021? Wall Street Weighs In
- Nicolet Bankshares (NCBS) To Acquire County Bancorp (ICBK)
- Splunk (SPLK) Announces $1 Billion Investment from Silver Lake, Announces $1B Buyback
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Corp. News, Hot Earnings, Hot List, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!