Disney (DIS) Tops Q1 EPS by 18c
- Tesla lifts Nasdaq to record-high close, S&P 500 dips
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar edges higher as Fed debate over inflation continues
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q1 EPS of $1.63, $0.18 better than the analyst estimate of $1.45. Revenue for the quarter came in at $15.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $14.75 billion.
“Driven by the phenomenal success of Star Wars, we delivered the highest quarterly earnings in the history of our Company, marking our 10th consecutive quarter of double-digit EPS growth,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “We’re very pleased with our results, which continue to validate our strategic focus and investments in brands and franchises to drive long-term growth across the entire Company.”
The following table summarizes the first quarter segment operating results for fiscal 2016 and 2015 (in millions):
|January 2,2016||December 27,2014||Change|
|Media Networks||$||6,332||$||5,860||8 %|
|Parks and Resorts||4,281||3,910||9 %|
|Studio Entertainment||2,721||1,858||46 %|
|Consumer Products & Interactive Media||1,910||1,763||8 %|
|Segment operating income:|
|Parks and Resorts||981||805||22 %|
|Studio Entertainment||1,014||544||86 %|
|Consumer Products & Interactive Media||860||701||23 %|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c, Offers Q2 Guidance
- Jim Cramer Exits His Charity Disney (DIS) Position After 16 Years
- Walt Disney (DIS) PT Raised to $215 at Guggenheim on Faster Recovery with Higher Spending Levels
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!