Disney (DIS) Misses Q2 EPS by 4c, Sale Miss
- Wall Street ends sharply higher, led by surging Dow
- Amazon (AMZN) in Talks to Acquire Stake in Self-Driving Truck Startup Plus: Report
- Dollar dips after Fed rally, Bitcoin slumps
- 5 Companies Set to Hike Their Dividend Over the Next Few Weeks, 3 Dividend Aristocrats
- Oil rallies on weaker dollar and Iran supply uncertainty
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - May 10, 2016 4:19 PM EDT)
(Update corrects revenue)
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q2 EPS of $1.36, $0.04 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.40. Revenue for the quarter came in at $13.0 billion versus the consensus estimate of $13.19 billion.
"We're very pleased with our overall results in Q2, which marks our 11th consecutive quarter of double-digit growth in adjusted EPS," said Robert A. Iger, chairman and chief executive officer, The Walt Disney Company. "Our Studio’s unprecedented winning streak at the box office underscores the incredible appeal of our branded content, which we continue to leverage across the entire company to drive significant value. Looking forward, we are thrilled with the Studio’s slate and tremendously excited about the June 16th grand opening of the spectacular Shanghai Disney Resort."
The following table summarizes the second quarter and six-month segment operating results for fiscal 2016 and 2015 (in millions):
|Quarter Ended||Six Months Ended|
|April 2,2016||March 28,2015||Change||April 2,2016||March 28,2015||Change|
|Parks and Resorts||3,928||3,760||4||%||8,209||7,670||7||%|
|Consumer Products &|
|Segment operating income:|
|Parks and Resorts||624||566||10||%||1,605||1,371||17||%|
|Consumer Products &|
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shoe Carnival (SCVL) Announces 2-for-1 Stock Split; Provides Guidance
- Walt Disney (DIS) PT Raised to $215 at Guggenheim on Faster Recovery with Higher Spending Levels
- Stifel Resumes Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!